Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wanted: New show for Monday Nights

This last week I was getting so excited to see one of my favorite shows...
I've always loved Jon and Kate plus 8 because there are not a lot of family friendly shows you can watch on television. For me it was something that I could watch that I didn't have to change the channel, and I loved seeing the ups and downs of parenting.

Monday night I put the little boy to bed, do a few chores, and then finally sit down to watch the season premiere. To my disappointment, it was kind of like watching one of these:Yeah, pretty painful to watch... and not like "the Office" painful where you can laugh at the awkwardness, but just sad, really sad. I just can't imagine where the rest of the season can go.

So needless to say there will be no more Jon and Kate plus 8 for me... which actually works out for the best, maybe I can use that 30 minutes towards working on that food storage closet :D

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Eliza, I to love jon and kate plus 8. The show was so sad to watch!!! Jon was acting like a complete JERK. To me it sounded like Kate was just waiting for the man that she married to come back and he sounded like an imature teenagers not wanting to have any responsibilities. I think i will continue to watch and hope for a miracle to happen, it did not feel like the same show so i don't know how much longer i can stand the sadness of probable divorce.

Celiece said...

Nathan and I had the same reaction, but secretly I don't know if I can stop watching the train wreck! I sure hope I can because I woke up the next morning sad. 18 kids and counting is another one you could add to your list-another guilty pleasure of mine. ANYWAY congrats on the nursery calling. I need to call you one of these days. Our house is almost done and then I wont feel like I'm so out of place and then I will call you. Love ya!!

Johnny and Anny said...

Eliza,

What's up cuz? It seems like a million years ago since I talked to you last. I can't believe you moved so far away, but I hear where you're at is gorgeous! How are you liking it out there?

I love the pics, Gabriel is such a cute baby! Congratulations to Christian on graduating from bootcamp too. I hope we can keep in touch!

-anny

Unknown said...

I love the new look of the blog!!! It is super cute!

Unknown said...

hey eliza have you seen cake boss?
I know that you said that you were playing around with baking and i loved the cute cupcakes you make with the chocolate chip hearts. That is monday night, They make some seriously crazy cakes. Very cool

LIZALOU said...

Leslie- Oh my goodness you read my mind!! I was about to make a post about my new favorite shows are and Cake Boss is one of them!! :D I love it!! and I love your new blog background as well... yours are always so cute!!

Celiece- Thanks! I really love love love nursery!! I know everyone says that it's not that great (so I was really nervous) but it's actually really fun :D What are you guys doing to your house??!! I'm sure you are making it super cute, and it's kind of making me sad that i can't see it. I hope everything is going well and that they are getting done fast!

Anny- hello!!! It HAS been a million years. It is pretty gorgeous here and we really love it, but we do miss being close to the all the fam. How are things going for you? I can not believe how big she is getting in all her pictures... she is so beautiful!!