Thursday, June 4, 2009

Presenting: Part Artsy Photography

When my parents came to visit in March we walked through this market in Charleston where they sell things like candles, bags, sunglasses... you know you're basic vendor wares. Something that I saw there that I fell in love with were these photographs of simple things in Charleston like doors, food, gas lamps, and people. My parents were so nice to give me 3 pictures of the doors that I absolutely love! But, thinking about it I realized maybe it would be fun (and a little less expensive) to try and see what I could get from my little camera... so here are my trying-to-be-artsy photos :D

I have no idea what this pot-thing actually is, but it was at Fort Sumter... I know that much!
Can you guess what this is?

Another one at Fort Sumter... I actually really liked how this one turned out!
Mmmmm.... cupcakes :D


Gabriel and a mop... random, but you have to admit it is oh so cute!!
Well that wraps up this weeks edition of Part Artsy Photography :D Seriously though, I'm starting to really enjoy taking pictures... it makes you really appreciate all the beautiful things that surround you and that we've been blessed with. I've realized now whenever I'm in one of those moods I just grab my camera and take pictures of things I'm grateful for... little boy, the hubby, our home, our fun back yard, and of course cupcakes.

Lots of love-
Eliza

3 comments:

Celiece said...

can i make a request? take a photo of your quilt. and no i am not too lazy for the shift key i am balancing nixon with my other hand. that is multitasking!

Johnny and Anny said...

I love artsy photographs, I want to print a bunch off and decorate the house with them! You and Jessica and Charity should talk, you guys have a natural gift for photography.

Anyways, I love 'guess what this is?' pictures, and I'm guessing it's a bunch of rope? Keep the "Part Artsy Photography" series coming! Love ya, and have a beautiful weekend!

Unknown said...

Eliza I absolutely love these photos! The doors i think are my favorite. There is just something about them!! I love seeing things from someone elses eyes. Someone else could take that picture but it would turn out totally different cause they would go from a different angle or crop it stuff like that. You have an eye for photos. I hope we get to see a weekly part artsy photography!!!