Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Baby Story

I always love reading about everyone's different baby stories. I've been looking forward to when I have time to write down how our new little boy came, and now at almost 11 o'clock at night I have! So I hope nobody minds that this might be long, and I promise I will spare any gory details there may have been.

I was a week and a half overdue and they had finally given me a date that they would induce me. We were very excited. It fit in perfectly with Chris' schedule, which you know is just a invitation for trouble. He was supposed to graduate from sub school on Friday and had a test on Tuesday so we thought if we scheduled the induction for Wednesday we would be set... It was going to be perfect. Monday came and lucky for us Chris got to take his last test for sub school. I figured I had one more day to get stuff ready so I held off on packing bag for me and one for Gabriel ( BIG mistake!). I told myself I could just pack them the next day. At 3 am on Tuesday the contractions started and by 4 am they were every 3 to 5 minutes. I turn to Chris and said "Wake up I think I'm in labor!" To Chris' (as he must have heard this from me an innumerable amount of times before) he started to get up, get out of bed and get ready. At this point I'm frantically racing down the stairs to try and get things ready and as I pause on the steps to tell Chris something, I feel my water break! I knew at this point we were going to have to book it to the hospital. We drop Gabriel off at one of our friend's house (they had their baby a half hour after Noah was born, yes it was quite a day! :D) and when we get to the hospital at 5 am we found out I'm 4 cm and a half hour later I'm at a 5! At this point I'm asking every nurse in the hospital at what point I would be getting that oh so wonderful epidural... I thought I was being very casual about it, but looking back I can see I was approaching them with the utmost of desperation.
Luckily, it was only a half hour wait and although Chris nearly passed out from the size of the epidural needle, it was smooth sailing for the next few hours.
After pushing for about half hour we had a BIG, beautiful baby boy. All the nurses and doctors were making guesses as to how much he weighed. 10 lbs, 2.6 oz! and a cutey ta boot!

Meet Noah Christian Hall
Big Boy!

1 Month Old... can you believe it?

We love our new little man! He is absolutely amazing!